9 months ago
It’s time to get started with the Microsoft Graph Security Hackathon! Once you have officially registered (if you haven’t done so already) we’ll be sending you regular updates throughout the competition. Submissions are due March 1, 2019 at 5:00pm ET.
Register your application. Even though you most likely do not have your application built yet, you will need to set up your draft app with Azure AD for Graph access.
Set up your permissions. If you are using pre-built data (Hackathon tenant), follow these steps:
- Request Graph Permissions to the list of permissions mentioned in the Resources tab for admin consent. This prevents back and forth in terms of getting more permissions consented by us if your scenarios expand to use certain permissions:
- Admin consent will be approved based on the application ID you have shared via the form.
If you are using your own data, follow these steps:
If you haven't already, Join the Office Developer Program and get access to Office 365 Developer Subscription
Follow at least one of the below steps for Graph Security and Graph entities, if you do not have access to these services already.
- Get access to Azure Services with a free 12-month subscription and a $200 credit to explore an Azure service for 30 days. This includes free trial of Azure Security Center (Standard)
- Get access to Enterprise Mobility and Security E5 90-day free trial for access to Cloud Application Security (CAS), Azure Active Directory Information Protection (AADIP), Azure Information Protection (AIP), Intune and other products depending on your scenario
- Get access to Windows Defender Advanced Threat Protection 60-day free trial, depending on your scenario
- Get the Azure Active Directory Premium subscription for up-to 100 licenses for a month to enable SSO for Salesforce and other integrations
Fill the form. You will need to fill this form in order to record your option of whether you are using pre-built data or building your own data and share your application ID and Azure Active Directory ID / tenant ID (as applicable) with us.
Find inspiration. Need some ideas for what to build? Visit the Inspiration page to get started.
Get a head start on your submission. Fill out the basic fields on the application form and familiarize yourself with the submission requirements. This will give you a good idea of what you'll need to put together. Remember: you can edit your submission as many times as you like before the deadline.
Optional: Form a team. Thinking about buddying up? Visit the participants page to find and meet teammates. You can see who else is looking for a teammate, check out what’s in their portfolio, and send them a message to connect.
If you have any questions about the hackathon, please post on the discussion forum.