over 1 year ago
We know as devs, your expertise lies behind the scenes - so keep building! - however, the submission video needs time too! It's often the first thing that judges and voters review.
Your video tells the story behind your submission, providing a clear display of your project and talent in a video:
- Establish your elevator pitch. In the first few seconds of your video, explain how your app solves a pain point leveraging the Microsoft Graph Security API. Within 60 seconds, viewers tend to lose interest, so use this time wisely to keep them engaged!
- Show, don't tell. Providing real life context and showing users firsthand how your application solves the problem and uses the Microsoft Graph security/alerts or security/securescore entities, will help judges and voters understand and appreciate your product design.
- Keep it simple. Per the official rules, your video shouldn't be much longer than five minutes.
- Don't wait until the last minute to upload your video. Due to file size, format, and your Internet connection, uploading a video to YouTube, Vimeo, or Youku could take anywhere from a few minutes to several hours.
- Get organized. Write out a script of what you’ll say and demonstrate in your video and rehearse it before recording. Essentially a good script should talk about:
- The problem being addressed
- Existing solutions to the problem
- The solution that your application provides and how it works
If you have any questions about the hackathon, please post on the discussion forum.